Real Talk with Pastor Tim: “The Good Life”
There is a long list of things that can keep our focuses off of enjoying life.Â We must remember that we make the decision to allow these things to affect us.Â â€œLife is not measured by the amount of breaths we take, but it is measured by the things that take our breath awayâ€.Â Below is a list of things we can do to better enjoy life.
1) Appreciate Godâ€™s Creations: Everyday we have the opportunity to see Godâ€™s hand in all of creation, everything from humans to trees.Â Itâ€™s a shame, then, that many people have become so accustomed to these beauties that they largely go unappreciated.Â Everyday take a moment to appreciate Godâ€™s creations and identify what makes them so special.
2) Value Family:Â â€œIn every conceivable manner, the family is a link to our past, and a bridge to our future.â€Â -Alex Haley
3) Build Relationships:Â In many ways it is our relationship with people that gives us the most happiness in life.Â â€œThere is great comfort and inspiration in the feeling of close human relationships and its bearing of mutual fortunes- a powerful force, to overcome the â€˜tough breaksâ€™ which are certain to come to most of us from time to time.â€ -Walt Disney
4) Have Simple Pleasures: My father in law says â€œyour morning has not started until you pray and have a nice hot cup of tea.â€Â Thatâ€™s his simple pleasure, take the time to enjoy these ordinary events and life will become more enjoyable.
5) Listen and Learn:Â â€œLife can be very rewarding especially when we grasp the concept that listening + learning= happiness.â€
6) Laugh, Laugh, Laugh: Did you know that laughter reduces the stress hormones, wards off depression, cleanses the lungs, relaxes the muscles, enhances the immune system, and reduces pain and blood pressure.Â Never become to busy for laughter, the more you laugh the better you feel.Â â€œThe most wasted of all days is one without laughter.â€ â€“E.E Cummings
7) Celebrate Your Success:Â Often times we canâ€™t enjoy our major victories for thinking about the minor failures we encountered on the way.Â Take a moment to celebrate your success.Â When you accomplish these victories whether large or small reward yourself with some gesture of accomplishment.
ABOUT “REAL TALK” & PASTOR TIM TIMBERLAKE
Tim Timberlake is a Christian, husband, Pastor, life coach, mentor, and blogger. He serves as the Co-Pastor of Christian Faith Center in Creedmoor, North Carolina alongside his mother Pastor Brenda Timberlake. Tim and his wife Talia are graduates of the Word of Faith Bible Training Center in Detroit, Michigan. He has a heart for helping people and a vision to make the name of Jesus famous. Everywhere he goes, he touches the hearts of people to give their lives to Jesus and reminds those who are already in Christ to confess, believe and act on the Word of God inÂ their daily lives.
Every month, Pastor Tim writes “Real Talk”, a column that allows readers to get content and information to propel there Spiritual life to the next level in a practical, applicable format. Readers gain an inside look into the lives of some great men and woman of God who are advancing the Kingdom and making a difference in their profession such as athletes, entertainers, and individuals in ministry from a personal down to earth perspective.