New Year, New You!
10 TIPS FOR MAKING 2011 YOUR BEST YEAR EVER
PREPARATION AND PLANNING
1. Make a List of Short, Medium, and Long Term Goals
Each night before you go to bed, try to write down 5-10 things that you want to accomplish the next day. Make sure that at least 3-4 are things you can complete that day and purge from your to-do list. Also make sure to add a couple of small parts of medium or long-term projects. Here’s an example. I’m looking to write a book. One day my goal was to create an outline of the book (9-12 chapters) and 3-5 things that I wanted to cover in each chapter. The next day one of my goals was to write at least one of those 3-5 things in one chapter. In 1-2 months, I’ll have my Book written.
LEARN THESE NEW SKILLS
2. Networking – Get out there and meet new people in your areas of interest. When you know a lot of people, opportunities multiply.
3. Read More and Faster – The more you know, the more you will grow! Reading is a simple, quick way to get new information and help you to keep growing.
4. Help Someone with Something Everyday – This may sound like some kind of “Pay It Forward” hype. In some ways it is. People you help become helpers. If you mentor someone, you’ll be seen as a natural leader. There’s strong correlation between leadership and success.
5. Surround Yourself with Like-Minded Individuals – There are studies that show an individual’s income will be somewhere around the average of your closest five friends. There are also studies that show your weight will reflect those who you hang around. It makes sense if you think about it. If your circle of friends likes to bounce business ideas off each other while playing a game of pickup basketball, you’ll probably put yourself closer to the path of prosperity than if you tell “big mama” jokes while eating double cheeseburgers and fries.
6. Exercise – Exercise gives you energy, energy you can focus on your daily list of goals so you can churn through it like never before.
THINK YOUR WAY TO SUCCESS
7. Think Positively Financially – Make a conscious decision to focus on being financially successful. Bringing finances to front of my mind, instead of the back has made a huge difference in my finances.
8. Don’t Hate Money – Lose the thinking that money is the root of all evil. Start thinking about it as a key to freedom to do whatever interests you. Think of it as a way to help friends, family, and charities important to you. Think about how you could use money to make the world a better place.
9. Appreciate What You Have – Schedule a day to just appreciate yourself. Appreciate the things that you do have. The fact that you are reading this likely means that you are much better off than others in the world.
10. Be In A Good Mood – You attitude affects your emotions. You can control your emotions. Your attitude is the key!